Register a business company in Serbia – from 2000 EUR
Would you like to start a business in Serbia? We invite you to consider the opportunity to register a company in the county with our assistance. In addition to that, you can open a Serbian corporate bank account. Both tasks can be performed without leaving home.
Company registration in Serbia takes from seven business days.
Why register a company in Serbia?
Over the first six months of 2019, Serbia attracted 1.9 billion euros in direct foreign investments. It is more nearly by one third than it did over the same period in 2018. These data come from a report produced by the Financial Times. On top of that, the amount of investments was nearly twelve times higher than the one that had been forecast. This figure is truly unique.
Small businesses bring money to the Serbian economy by opening little shops in the streets of Belgrade. Giant international investors put hundreds of millions into the construction of car part, tire, or light bulb factories.
Serbia opens wide perspectives for business development. Many industries are currently on the rise: mining for metals, machinery production, chemical industry, service industry, IT sector, and others.
The IT sector deserves a special note as it promises to become the leading export industry in Serbia soon. At the moment, only the export of agricultural products brings more hard currency to the national budget, but the IT industry is developing in quantum leaps.
What attracts international business to Serbia? Here are some major factors:
- Company maintenance costs are very low in Serbia as of now. The minimum amount you will have to spend in order to sustain a business company in the country is 200 euros per month only. The utilities cost little there too;
- A foreign national is able to establish a company in Serbia and he or she can also do it remotely;
- However, if the company owner acquires the status of a legal resident in Serbia (which is not hard to do at all), obtaining services from the local banks becomes as easy as squeezing a lemon;
- Establishing a company in Serbia will entitle you for a permanent residence permit in the country (please read more about it here);
- Deposits in Serbian banks are insured for up to 50,000 euros even though the country is not an EU member yet;
- Serbia is planning to join the European Union within a few years from now.
Trading from Serbia is also lucrative: it has a favorable geographic position, low taxes, a large number of double taxation avoidance agreements, and it allows selling goods to 1.1 billion people without having to pay any customs duties.
Thus, it is not surprising that the inflow of investments into the country is growing.
How to open a company in Serbia
The most widespread form of company ownership in Serbia is a DOO or an LLC – a limited liability company.
A company in Serbia can be registered both in the name of a legal local resident and in the name of a foreign national. An individual person or a corporate entity can act as the company founder. A single person can also establish a limited liability company in Serbia. The company shall have at least one director and this position can be held by the company owner.
The company registered capital can be as small as one euro. However, we recommend registering a higher charter capital in order to enhance the image of your company in the international arena.
The corporate tax is 15% in Serbia and the same goes for the dividend tax.
The income tax is from 0% to 15% depending in the overall annual income amount. It is possible to obtain tax deductions of up to 50% in the country.
By law, every business company in Serbia shall have a registered legal address. The rent of this address will cost you from 100 euros a month.
Also by law, keeping financial accounts is mandatory for every Serbian company. The accounting services will also cost you from 100 euros a moths but the ultimate cost will depend on the volume of support that the account will have to provide to you.
The company registration service that we are offering here requires your personal visit to Serbia. A specialist from our Belgrade office will accompany you during your meetings with the public notary and the Company Registrar. You will have to spend three or four business days in Serbia.
Once again, company ownership in Serbia will serve as legal grounds for applying for permanent residency in the country. This status will help you open accounts with local banks without any hassle, legally reside on the territory of Serbia, acquire tax residency in the country, and become a Serbian citizen as well as an EU citizen one day.
Documents required for company registration in Serbia
You will have to supply the following documents in order to set up a company in Serbia:
- If natural persons are establishing the company, they have to supply legalized passport copies;
- If it is a legal entity that acts as the company founder, the corporate document package is required as well as personal documents of the director(s);
- A passport copy and proof of address for the prospective Serbian company director;
- Legalized signature samples for all signers;
- Legal address rent agreement (we can provide such an agreement to you);
- A description of the prospective company business activities.
You will also have to supply the charter capital – from 1 euro.
All the application documents will have to be translated into Serbian. The cost of translation is 20 euros per page.
We will supply all the application forms to you. It is important to complete them in accordance with the requirements. If there are some deviations from the standards in the forms, the Registrar may reject them and thus turn down your application. If this happens, the application documents will not be returned and you will have to start the process all over again.
Please be attentive when filling out the forms! If you are, you will save your time and money.
You also need to make an agreement with an accountant. You will have to obtain the following:
- An accounting service agreement;
- A form permitting the use of electronic accounting services;
- An activated electronic signature for the accountant.
We will gladly provide all the mandatory services to you. You can also obtain these services elsewhere but we must be sure that you have all the necessary agreements before we can register a company in Serbia for you.
The costs of company registration and maintenance in Serbia
The base price of the company registration service in Serbia is 2000 EUR. This price includes document preparation, payment of state duties, obtaining the company TIN (Tax Identification Number), and support during your visits to the Registry and other state organs.
If you want to accelerate the process of establishing a company in Serbia, we invite you to consider purchasing a ready-made company in the country.
You can also open a company in Serbia with a corporate bank account if you wish. The cost of this service is 6,500 euros. Remote registration of a company with a bank account will cost you 7,100 euros.
The additional costs that you have to keep in mind are the price of the translation services and the cost of your trip to Serbia if you intend to visit the country personally.
Annual company maintenance costs will start at 2,400 euros per year or 200 euros per month. These include rent of legal address and accounting services.
You can also request additional services that we provide. In particular, we can assist you in interacting with tax authorities and other state agencies in Serbia. The price of each individual service is going to be lower in case you buy a package of out concierge services. There are three alternative packages to choose from. Please find their descriptions in the table below.
|Concierge Service Packages||Basic
250 EUR per month
450 EUR per month
900 EUR per month
|Company legal address||V||V||V|
|Original documents storage, archive, scanning of the incoming mail, communication with the accountant (up to 5 e-mails or phone calls per month)||V||V||V|
|Interaction with tax authorities, state agencies, and banks (up to five contacts per month)||V||V||V|
|2 hours of consultations or legal services||V||V|
|2 hours of miscellaneous services||V||V|
|1 additional hour of consultations||V|
|3 hours for simple tasks||V|
|Transportation in the city for 2 days||V|
|Unlimited assistance in interactions with the accountant and state agencies||V|
The procedure of establishing a company in Serbia
- Please request this service via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org you would like to form a company in Serbia.
- Supply your personal data to us as well as information about your prospective company. We have to ascertain that we are able to provide the service in your personal case.
- Cover the cost of this service that starts at 2000 EUR.
If you require a bank account or any other services that we provide, please inform the consultant about this. The conditions are going to be more beneficial for you.
- Schedule a trip to Serbia. There you will establish the company with the support of our Serbian office.
- After about seven days, you can start the business!
Please apply for company registration in Serbia by writing to email@example.com. With our assistance, nothing is impossible!
Tags #Company Registration in Serbia